Atlanta, Georgia - August 24, 2005: Daystar Technology, an Apple Authorized Reseller and Mac Technology Integrator, today announced the expansion of its MAChSpeed G4 Pismo product offering.
Previously limited to "system based upgrades", where the user had to send their PowerBook to Daystar for installation, the company now offers complete upgrade kits. The kits allow Apple Techs or technical endusers to install the XLR8 MAChSpeed G4 Pismo, onsite, without having to send their unit to Daystar .
The new product offering allows customers to upgrade in a few minutes, without any substantial downtime. No need to send their systems out, no need to ship their existing card out.
The XLR8 550 MAChSpeed G4 Pismo Upgrade Kit.
The kit includes all components and tools needed for completing the upgrade onsite.
- XLR8 Upgraded 550 G4 CPU Card with 250 MHz Cache
(refurbished service module, tested and upgraded with all new parts).
- XLR8 MAChSpeed Control CPU Software.
- Daystar Modified High-Performance Metal Heat Sink.
- Daystar Modified High-Performance EMI Shield.
- Torx, Flat-Head and Philips Screwdrivers.
- Arctic Silver Premium Thermal Compound.
- Instruction / Installation Sheet.
- Daystar Rebate Form
(for returning your CPU/EMI/Heat Sink if desired).
- Free Telephone Installation Information
(live installation assistance available at an additional charge)
Customer rebate for sending old components to Daystar
The kit includes a rebate, form which allows customers to send the old CPU, EMI Shield and Heat Sink back to Daystar. In return, Daystar sends them a rebate check for $85 US.
The Total Cost of the Upgrade is $ 399
(Users can take advantage of the $85 rebate after upgrading... a net cost of $310).