Atlanta, Georgia - August 3, 2005: Daystar Technology, an Apple Authorized Reseller and Mac Technology Integrator, announced today, that it has launched its iMac Flat Panel CPU upgrades, announced last month. The upgrade utilizes the most powerful G4 CPU available, and delivers more than 2x performance for iMac G4 700 owners.
Highest Performing 7457 Available
Daystar is using the latest and highest performing 745x series CPU available, the Freescale 7457. The CPU outperforms any 745x shipped by Apple, and boasts a large 512 KB internal L2 cache. The large cache allows the iMac G4 to perform at full speed, even without an external L3 cache.
No Compromise, Excellent Performance
Like the MAChSpeed G4 Pismo and Lombard upgrades, the iMac Flat Panel upgrade is a full system upgrade. The user orders on line, then sends their system to Daystar via Daystar's custom shipping container.
The Cost of the upgrade is $ 548
Plus shipping options (empty box at $25 plus 2 way shipping at $35 each way).
- xBench Scores jump from low 70's to over 130, surpassing
the fastest iMac G4 every shipped.
- Double performance for all OS operations and applications.
- Highest performance 7457 G4 CPU available, rated to 105c!
- Factory installation via Apple Certified Technicians.
- Daystar 21 point system test and diagnostics, with overnight burn-in tests.
- Effortless shipping with Daystar's custom box and prepaid DHL shipping options.
- Compatible with any Mac OS since 9.2... Including Tiger 10.4.x.
- Supports dual boot systems - works with everything you own.
- Includes XLR8 MAChSpeed Control for exclusive G4 performance / compatibility.
- All upgrades warranted at speed sold, with Daystar's exclusive 90/728 warranty program.