Suwanee, Georgia - March 29, 2007: Daystar Technology, a leader in Mac performance since 1987, announced today that it is shipping the XLR8 400 MAChSpeed G4 IMTL Kit. This is a low-cost G4 CPU upgrade kit for older iMac G3 systems. The "do it yourself" upgrade allows typical users to transform their older 233-333 MHz G3 iMac into a 400 MHz G4 based system. The upgrade allows the iMac to perform on par with early Power Macintosh G4 systems.
Much Higher Mac OS X Performance
Apple's Mac OS X is optimized to use the superfast AltiVec processing engine inside the G4's CPU. The dedicated AltiVec unit operates up to eight times faster than a G3 CPU running the same functions. This optimization shows up in every action from basic Quartz (windowing, text render), through advanced QuickTime functions. The result is much more than simple MHz to MHz increases. Windows open without pauses. Applications run faster. The system reacts in real-time.
Full Mac OS X Compatibility
Like the MAChSpeed Products for iMac G4s, all PowerBooks and the G3 Power Mac, the XLR8 400 MAChSpeed G4 IMTL Kit supports all versions of Mac OS X. But, due to the lack of Firewire on the iMac Tray Load systems, users will need to download and use the third party enabler, "XPOSTFACTO" to install Tiger (10.4) and the upcoming Leopard (10.5) OS packages.
The Total Cost of the Upgrade Kit is $ 99, plus shipping!
- xBench Scores jump over 200% higher.
- Double and triple performance for all OS operations and applications.
- Full G4 compatibility.
- User installed in about 30 minutes, no hidden costs.
- No firmware updates required.
- All parts and instructions are included.
- Supports dual boot systems - works with everything you own.
- Includes XLR8 MAChSpeed Control for exclusive G4 performance / compatibility.
- All upgrades include Daystar's exclusive 90/728 warranty program.